Feb 18, 2019
One of the tallest office buildings on this pre-war street became the heart of Polish Radio for a decade.
The radio station provided broadcasts for almost the entire country, with a super-charged 120kW transmitter – the most powerful in Europe when constructed – broadcasting from Raszyn, just outside Warsaw.
The building on Zielna Street has another history though. It was at this address that the Polish Communist Workers’ Party was founded soon after the country regained independence in 1918, although it soon became outlawed…
Further reading on Culture.pl:
After World War II, Polish Radio provided a certain amount of artistic freedom with the creation of the legendary Polish Radio Experimental Studio:
With thanks to: