Feb 18, 2019
On a warm summer’s day in 1845, a fascinated crowd gathered in
front of the new Warsaw-Vienna station to greet the arrival of the
Despite the station’s name, however, it wouldn’t be a number of
years before you could actually take the train directly to
Listen to the story of the grand opening of the station and how
it sparked the development of the surrounding area of Warsaw.
With thanks to:
- Andrzej Paszke, a retired officer from PKP Polish State
Railways as well as a railway enthusiast and historian.
- Piotr Hummel, a historian and local guide, co-founder of
WAWstep city guides.
- Alicja Baczyńska, your audio guide, for help with acoustic
mapping throughout the Unseen project
- Michał Kubicki, for providing the English voice of Andrzej
- Elżbieta Krajewska, for voicing the article on the opening of
the Warsaw-Vienna Railway from the Kurjer Warszawski dated
15.06.1845, No. 155